The Party's (Almost) Over

As everyone probably knows but hasn't given much thought to, I have been participating all month long in the NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month November 2007) event, and today is the last day of November. It was trying at times, but I actually did it!! I posted, sometimes even more than one post PER DAY for the whole month! NaBloPoMo's site sported some cool "I Did It" banners, and I selected this cool little "Tattoo" version (since I love tattoos so much). Give me props people!! I did it! Yay! Thanks to everyone over at NaBloPoMo for being so cool, and all the other participants who made it, and even those who simply gave it their all, it's been tons of fun!!!

As the month comes to a close, it's time to get all up into Christmas full-swing, right? Some of us have already begun discussing holiday stuff, such as the Fruitcake that I complained about yesterday and probably most of you are talking about drinking in the New Year already! Well, someone contacted me with a very cool site about the DESTRUCTION of Fruitcakes! I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread so I am sharing it with you. If you can think of cool and inventive ways to destroy fruitcake, I'm sure they'd be delighted to hear from you. Thank you Kristin from Operation Fruitcake! Everyone go visit now!!

In other interesting news, the squirrels of Main Street have been acting strangely. I think it's because winter is near. They seemed to be
having a good time next to Court Square. **scratches head**


Before the last day of November rushes to a close and we wake up to a "sparkling" new month, I thought I would lead us out of here with a few of my favorite things to complain about. You know from time-to-time I throw in a word or two about Memphis drivers and how they continue to piss each other off consistently.

"Common View of Interstate at Rush Hour In Memphis"

Well I recently came into contact with a new source of great entertainment in this area. I've already added it to my sidebar under "It'za Memphis Thang", please check out Dangermouse's "Shamed In Memphis" blog. I assure you he really takes an active role in showcasing these infuriating dolts. He even provides photo evidence to go along with his rants. Keep it up Dangermouse! You Rock. I might be able to swing you a snapshot one of these days.

I'll basically just block together the rest of my complaints for today. Just things I've noticed I guess... like how everywhere you go, some people have the nerve to sit there and stare at you like you were the Mona Lisa itself hanging in the Louvre. I don't know what it is, or why they're staring sometimes. But evidently their 'role models' never taught them how annoyingly rude it is to stare. Usually it's a restaurant when my best friend and I go out and have lunch (which is not as often as we'd like--no not the staring part, just the lunch). We can't even enjoy our food for people straining their eyeballs out of their heads. Get a life freaks!

Also, rude and oblivious people continue to dominate in droves. Every time I try to have a discussion with somebody it's like a radar goes off and someone pops up to interrupt no matter what the subject is, or even how "urgent" their issue is. Another missed lesson in rudeness there. And some still have not learned about "Inside Voice" when so closely connected to their peers in these cubes. I still hear them with their loud and ridiculous cellphone ringers, and they talk on the phone with the stealth of a Bomber Jet Airplane. Oh but don't worry. Sometimes they actually "whisper"... but it's really loud whispering to themselves while trying to concentrate or figure out a problem... It's so friggin annoying! I am trying to concentrate myself, believe me this is getting to be a daily issue. They're either yelling across the office at someone, or loudly whispering their (loud) frustrations to self. (Did I mention loudly?) Then when they go out for a break or leave the desk, usually leave the cellphone sitting by itself so it can loudly go off over and over while they're gone. Jesus!! How self absorbed can some people be???

Ok, that's the end of my rant, end of my Month, end of NaBloPoMo, and end of this week!! TGIF and Hope everyone crashes into December with bright energy and spirit. Let's enjoy the season!

Comments

Jay said…
i'm oblivous to rude people and ignore them.. does that make be rude AND oblivious?!

props!
R.E.H. said…
I completed the NaBloPoMo too. Congrats to you! It sure had it's up's and down's.

Love the Star Wars Squirrels ;)
Jay said…
Good job on completing the blog post a day thing.

*smacks Jaxxx on the ass*

Oh wait .. that was probably inappropriate huh? ;-)
Chelly said…
Congrats on NaBloPoMo! Yay for Jax!! :) And I'm so happy we're heading into the Christmas season too. Love the anticipation. Have a lovely weekend Jax.

xoxoxo
The fruit cakes are on I45 on my drive too and from work! They at least drive like they have fruit cakes for brains.

When can I start calling you my friend the Novelist?
Danger Mouse said…
I must say the posting everyday is impressive. I sit sometimes staring @ the ceiling trying to come up with things to say....hmmm maybe i should stop? j/k ;)
anyways congrats!
katy said…
Congrats A Jackie on completing the NaBloPoMo. well done girl.
the hubby sent me the car park photo as i just cant park!!!!!
welcome to December, have a great weekend x
Anonymous said…
I does feel great to finish off something which is a bit bothering! Congrats on that :D
Joshua said…
well good job getting a post in every day this month.

I only did 21 posts, but I wasn't trying to do one a day. I'm just not that cool ;)

Christmas already.
I want one of the laser fighting squirrels to beat up the geese messen` up the sidewalks.

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty