Stay Gold


It's Friday(yay!), it looks like rain, and I'm once again reminded of childhood, and all those "Nothing Gold Can Stay" moments.

I always loved Happy Days re-runs so much, and of course as most of my long-time readers might know, "The Fonz" was my first 'hoodlum'. He probably played a big part in my love for Motorcycles too, even though looking back at the one he drove, mine would obliterate his (No offense Fonz). But so many wonderful moments I sat back and enjoyed the show "Happy Days".

Therefore, as part of my Friday Video Chill, I wanna present the first chunk of the Happy Days Pilot, which originally aired in January 1974 (the show ended in September of 1984).

Happy Days Pilot (pt. 1)


Do you remember in Jr. High or High School when the teacher would plan for class to watch a film, and you always looked forward to it? They would have a class volunteer or two go and fetch the T.V./VCR Combo from the library, and we would be so excited that there was no actual lecture that day, it would only be "lights out" and we would watch the show. Now, albeit, sometimes it was a boring old scientific show, but if it were a special treat and an actual "film" it was even better.

For me, the most memorable one was in English class with Mrs. Jubb. We had to read "The Outsiders" by S.E. Hinton (first published in 1967), so subsequently, she let us watch the movie in class. Every day we would see a part of the movie until we finished it. The movie, pretty old now I still found myself having a copy on DVD I think mainly for the memory of it. Still, it was a movie I liked... So I will share it with you for the second part of my Friday Video Chill. Relax if you will, and pretend you're in High School with me, and today the teacher let us watch a video. If anyone hits me with a spitball, you're gonna get it! :)

Here is: The Outsiders Movie (part 1)


"Stay Gold" by Stevie Wonder

Seize upon that moment long ago
One breath away and there you will be
So young and carefree
Again you will see
That place in time...so gold

Steal away into that way back when
You thought that all would last forever
But like the weather
Nothing can ever...and be in time
Stay gold

But can it be
When we can see
So vividly
A memory
And yes you say
So must the day
Too, fade away
And leave a ray of sun
So gold

Life is but a twinkling of an eye
Yet filled with sorrow and compassion
Though not imagined
All things that happen
Will age too old
Though gold

O.k. class, lights back on... and hey YOU, yes you in the back, see me after class!! lol

Yes it is Friday and I'm very glad. I hope you all have a memorable weekend.

Friday Links:
WTF Friday

*Upcoming--October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month,
Support Breast Cancer Research:
Checks For The Cure

Comments

Reb said…
I had a crush on the the Fonz too. On the other hand, I have never seen that movie, so now I will have to try and rent it.
Jay said…
When I was in high school I my English teacher had us watch "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Oh and we ALL had to watch Refer Madness. I just laughed and laughed and laughed all the way through that one.

And got detention. ;-)
The Preacherman said…
Enjoyed Happy Days. I knew just where to hit the jukebox in my local around then to get free plays as well. Heeeeeey
BBC said…
It's going on to Saturday evening here, it was raining when I woke up but stopped and was sort of decent through the day and I got some things done outside.

I'm always more than willing to test boobs for lumps and will do so for free. But that's just me.

Happy Days was good.
Anonymous said…
Awwwww... Happy Days! How well I remember. I watched it faithfully. What ever happened to the reruns and what the heck happened to Friday? I missed it. *sniff* :)
Donna

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty