Croaky!!! Croc Hunter Checks Out...

Most shocking to me on this 4th day of September, was the news that Steve Irwin, famously known as "The Crocodile Hunter" was killed by a Stingray while on location filming. I always thought he was one of those psychotic oddballs that you would see do the most insane and idiotic stunts possible, but outlive us all... Once I even saw an episode where he layed in a bed of Komodo Dragons, and has done many other crazy stunts. However, I guess the most shocking fact of all is that his death did not involve a crocodile at all, but... a 'stingray'. Crikey!!!, which happens to be hi catch phrase that he shouted repeatedly off and on during his television show whenever something interesting would happen. Quoted as saying "I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute, and I'm just fine with that." and "I have no fear of losing my life if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it." Good thing you felt that way Steve (although you didn't mention the stingray). My condolences go out to the millions of crocs worldwide, who don't have anything to do with the rest of their lives. They're going to miss the hell out of you Steve. Steve Irwin was just 44.

Oh and Happy Labor Day to everyone as well!

**Special thanks to you, "Auntie Tamra" for passing along this bit of news to me. By the way, your nephews, Rodney and Sal say hello. :)

Comments

JINKS said…
see once again the good do die young

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty