Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cashing Out

It was three years ago today that the infamous Johnny Cash passed away. Most recently, I guess, the movie about his life, Walk The Line has brought some extra popularity to his music. That song in particular, I have heard recently used in some commercial, which of course I can't remember what the advertisement was about, but I remember a female voice singing the song. As a fan of Rock, I appreciate him for his personality and certainly his attitude, but since I don't like much country music, I would say that the lyrics at best interest me. However, as a fan of Punk Music as well, I do like a version of "Ring of Fire" which was recorded by Suicidal Tendencies, (CORRECTION! I meant to say Social Distortion (how could I confuse the two), but both bands I really enjoy. Their version of that song was quite good. However, I never really got comfortable with Johnny Cash recording Trent Reznor's "Hurt". But you gotta give him props for going out on a limb.

I appreciate Johnny Cash, but it's my neice, Kristie who is the bigger fan of his. She really enjoys the folk and older country music, and I guess we really grew up hearing it alot because of our parents. So for that, I will always appreciate it. Here's to you Johnny!

Walk The Line
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time.
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine,
I walk the line

4 comments:

Barnze said...

Rock on Johnny!

Aunt Jackie said...

Yeah, he had an interesting story, and like I said-I get into lyrics, sometimes even if the song didn't sound the greatest. Cool guy.

Kris said...

My aunt Jackie has always had the best tastes in music. She is not only a talented writer, but she is also a musician and artist.

Aunt Jackie said...

Kris! Don't make me blush! :)
So glad that you like visiting my blog though.