Tuesday's Child

I was born on a Monday, shortly after 9:00 a.m., which puzzles me-I wonder why I am not a morning person? I'll blame it on Mom. She was always a big morning person, and probably just ordered me to arrive early. At any rate, it is Tuesday, which is named for "Tyr" (Old Norse: Týr), the god of single combat and heroic glory in Norse mythology, sometimes this naming varies, but Wiki usually has the best descriptions. So Tuesday is considered either the second or the third day of the week, between Monday and Wednesday. The word "Tuesday" comes from Middle English Twisday, rom Old English Tiwes dæg, a rendering of Latin Martis dies. The English and Scandinavian names are derived from the Nordic god Tyr (in Old English, Tiw, Tew or Tiu. In Swedish, Tisdag, Danish: Tirsdag, Finnish: Tiistai and in Norwegian: Tirsdag, Icelandic: Þriðjudagur.) Tyr was the Norse equivalent of the Roman war god Mars, hence Martis dies ("Mars's day") as taken from Wikipedia. Interesting little facts I like to read and learn a little something every day (even if it is trivial sometimes). It is also said that "Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace."

I find it so funny that most often something that is of great importance will escape me, and I can't recall to save my life, and if you quiz me on something very Trivial, I'll come through for you nearly every time! The mind is a funny thing.

So far, this week is going relatively well, had band practice last night, wrote another song (in this particular grouping, we write very well together, which excites my drummer immensely). I really like the song that we came up with... it seems as though every new song is just a little bit "looser" and better than the last. That's a good thing. We still have not settled on our band name though, which is beginning to frustrate us all. Seems to come so easy for some people, but we're hoping to narrow that down soon. Hoping to record and master a few tracks soon as well, so that should be fun.

Other than that, I don't really have much to report. I'm still feeling tired from the weekend, & i'm feeling lazy. I have the urge to sit and do absolutely nothing but play some video games or watch old movies (preferably on a rainy or snowy day-but snow, of course is highly unlikely). Guess I will tough it until near the weekend, when I am planning this Friday off and hoping to go out of town as well to Hot Springs, Arkansas to chill a bit and maybe regroup my spirit some... I really need that.

Comments

Aunt Jackie said…
Hehe... would you ride in the trunk like "Earl"?? :)

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty