Friday's On Fire in Memphis

This morning I awoke to the news of downtown fires, which I guess began sometime around 3:30 a.m., got a call from someone who told us to stay tuned in from home until we heard that the area was clear and roads were opened back up around the area. I was finally able to come in a little after 10:00 a.m. Still, I could see the church building being sprayed by water by the fire department, who did an excellent job I hear. I only had my camera-phone, so I managed to get this snapshot of the last moments of the action.

It pretty much blocked up downtown a few blocks as there were more than one building on fire... I tuned into our local Fox News for good coverage. The buildings are so old-this church in particular was a very old structure, so it's sad. Not sure what caused these flames yet, I guess we'll hear something bout that in the days to come. Just trying to catch up a bit now, and hoping that our Friday smoke will clear and shine us on to a flameless weekend. Hope the news is good in your corner of the world. Peace.

Comments

Chelly said…
so sad to hear about that church!

Peace to you Aunt Jackie! Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Aunt Jackie said…
Thanks Chelly! You too... thanks for posting some of my all-time favs over at your place.

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty