Another Monday Slips Away

Are you wearing your green today?? It's St. Patty's Day, you need the Luck of the Irish. I've never quite understood that because I'm Irish (mostly), and I have usually had crappy luck. But don't let that stop YOU. If you're not wearing green today, consider yourself Pinched by your Aunt Jackie ;)

Mondays can be frustrating, fuzzy and sometimes funny I guess. I just thought I would try to help make yours a little funnier. Here is something that mainly people who have been in Customer Support or Technical Support-type roles will totally understand:

These calls usually come in on Mondays...

Helpdesk: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A white one...

Customer: Hi, this is Celine. I can't get my diskette out.
Helpdesk: Have you tried pushing the button?
Customer: Yes, sure, it's really stuck.
Helpdesk: That doesn't sound good; I'll make a note ."
Customer: No ... wait a minute... I hadn't inserted it yet... it's still on my desk..... Sorry!

Helpdesk: Click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen.
Customer: Your left or my left?

Helpdesk: Good day. How may I help you?
Male customer: Hello... I can't print.
Helpdesk: Would you click on start for me and...
Customer: Listen pal; don't start getting technical on me! I'm not Bill Gates.

Customer: Hi, good afternoon, this is Martha, I can't print. Every time I try, it says 'Can't find printer'. I've even lifted the printer & placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says it can't find it...

Customer: I have problems printing in red...
Helpdesk: Do you have a color printer?
Customer: Aaaah....................Thank you.

Helpdesk: What's on your monitor now ma'am?
Customer: A teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me in the supermarket.

Customer: My keyboard is not working anymore.
Helpdesk: Are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
Customer: No. I can't get behind the computer.
Helpdesk: Pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back.
Customer: Okay.
Helpdesk: Did the keyboard come with you?
Customer: Yes.
Helpdesk: That means the keyboard is not plugged in. Is there another keyboard?
Customer: Yes, there's another one here. Ah...that one does work!

Helpdesk: Your password is the small letter a as in apple, a capital letter V as in Victor, & the number 7.
Customer: Is that 7 in capital letters?

A customer couldn't get on the Internet:
Helpdesk: Are you sure you used the right password?
Customer: Yes I'm sure. I saw my colleague do it.
Helpdesk: Can you tell me what the password was?
Customer: Five stars.

Helpdesk: What anti-virus program do you use?
Customer: Netscape.
Helpdesk: That's not an anti-virus program.
Customer: Oh, sorry...Internet Explorer.

Customer: I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!

Helpdesk: How may I help you?
Customer: I'm writing my first e-mail.
Helpdesk: OK, and, what seems to be the problem?
Customer: Well, I have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do I get the circle around it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, we keepers of the 5 day, Monday through Friday workweek know all-too-well the feelings illustrated in this Very Quick Hilarious little video. In fact, I feel this way every Friday and Monday!!!


All in all, today hasn't been the worst Monday by any means. I have not had any irritating drivers, I have sailed through my workload relatively unscathed, and all feels pretty positive. So that makes me happy. I'm glad you all enjoyed my Psych quiz from yesterday, and just shows you that I trust you all enough to let you know that I am somewhat off my rocker, right?? That should make YOU feel good too! That's really all I have to say today... so:

HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!!!

Comments

Jay said…
happy saint patrick's day to you!

i totally forgot about today, but i wore green luckily!

imagine how many times i would have been pinched if i didnt... especially by the ladies!
: )
Jay said…
I'm wearing green, but you can pinch me anyway. ;-)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
BBC said…
My Monday was okay, I cleaned up and stacked some used lumber, split firewood for Helen, puttered around doing a few other things and then sprayed my hair green and went to beer church for two servings of corned beef and cabbage.

Oh, and went to bed very early. :-)
Tink said…
Those were freakin hilarious!
Furtheron said…
There always good the helpdesk ones.

Like the one I know we got on ours. "The DVD isn't working", "Have you fully closed the drawer?" Sound of user opening and slamming desk drawer repeatedly. "Nope still no good"

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty