When Flowers Just Won't Cut It

So my morning started off kind of interesting. Nothing unusual about my 'road battle', or the struggle to get through the traffic or the irritation of the Memphis Drivers, no it was none of that. In fact, the same frustrating entry into the treacherous parking garage, you know the way that I always get behind "first timers" who have no idea how to drive through it, so they creep at 2 miles per hour so it takes me 15 minutes to park... that's nearly an every day occurrence.

The strange part was once I got to my desk, I had a surprise gift from an unknown contributor... It was this beautiful, green zucchini squash. That's right, they knew that flowers were way too trite to present to someone as individual and off-the-wall a person as me, so flowers would never do. Instead, they decided to give the gift of vegetables... Who's ready for lunch?? :)

Comments

MrRyanO said…
Maybe Slash left it for you as a little reminder of what could have been...?
katy said…
a what?! so how you going to cook it and what time is dinner?!
JINKS said…
Rockdog might be on to something.....hmmmm?

How do you intend to prepare this rather large, hard, phallic style veggie?
Aunt Jackie said…
Rockdog! I hope you are right. Do you think Mr. J will mind?? lol

Indoors and Jinks, how about this?

Zucchini-Parmesan Supreme

1 medium-sized zucchini, sliced 1/8-inch thick
1 large tomato, peeled and sliced
Salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 /2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a deep-sided baking dish, layer 1/2 of the sliced zucchini; place tomato slices over zucchini. Season with salt, pepper, onion, and garlic; layer remaining zucchini slices over the top. Spread grated parmesan cheese over the top and sprinkle with thyme. Spread chopped tomatoes onto top of cheese and sprinkle bread crumbs onto top of mixture.

Bake approximately 30 minutes or until zucchini is soft. Remove from oven and serve.

Makes 4 servings.
FOUR DINNERS said…
I will send you a vegetable. I may ask my mate Bambi - who is getting better slowly - to send it so don't be surprised if it's a banana when it arrives.....I'm sure she's my daughter but I can't remember her mum from anywhere...
Aunt Jackie said…
FourDinners! Yay! I'd love that. :)

If you can't remember her Mum then that must've been one of the 'good nights' loL!

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty