Growing Pains

No matter how old we get, we're still "growing", learning, experiencing ups and downs that come with the lessons of life... "Growing Pains" if you will.

Do you ever gauge yourself or your accomplishments against your age? Do you maybe get upset, because you're "this many" years old, and you have yet to ( fill in the blank )? I think I do this... I feel as though I have always tried hard, and treated people very well no matter what it was I was doing, and my only sin in that is probably that I wasn't "assertive" enough, or maybe lacked the motivation to rise on up, and wasn't a 'cut-throat' or backstabber.

Just upsetting when someone who hasn't gone through nearly as many trials, life, who hasn't been at it even half as long, can just waltz off with some prize, have something just fall into their lap... totally undeserved. Unreliable folks who simply treat those around them with nothing but disrespect and ill-manners... but never get their just desserts... must be at least really good at pulling the wool over the eyes of those who matter... I guess that's the basic key? Today's moral: Good guys, I guess, really do finish last.

Comments

Chelly said…
I just sent you an email.

Good things will come back to you AJ! Including more hugs!! :)
Aunt Jackie said…
Thanks so much Chelly!

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty