Sleepless In A Van Down By The River

I took my melatonin last night by 7:00 p.m. in an effort to be ready for bed so I would feel like getting up in time for the gym this morning. Mr. J made Asian-style Ahi Tuna, and I made a low-carb cheesecake, and all seemed according to plan except for the fact that I accidentally used Coconut flour instead of Almonds for my crust... It left me as cotton mouthed as the Sahara!!

Although I am usually unaffected by caffeine consumption, I had drank too much Coke Zero... perhaps that's why I tossed and turned all night and couldn't manage to go to sleep. I flipped and I flopped to no avail. Layed on my stomach... turned on both sides. Then I got back in 'tv' position and ended up watching the movie Elizabeth (about Queen Elizabeth I of England).

Finally I guess I drifted off... because 5:00 a.m. came wayyy too early, and I got up and forced myself to go ahead and hit the gym, #1 because I really want to keep it up and #2 because I despise landing in Mr. J's wrath whenever he thinks it's my fault that we hit snooze one too many times and don't wake up in time... His tantrums sure can suck.

It's weird that I can have so much trouble falling asleep on a work night when if I was at home at say, 2:00 in the afternoon I could easily doze off for a perfect nap.

It's been a tiring week, to say the least... I have too many things to do and keep up with and can't seem to get ahead or feel accomplished (not a plea for advice, just a rant, kthx).

Another funny thing I did was I participated in yesterday's WWC (Weekly Words Challenge), but I did the wrong week. I thought about correcting it or at least adding to it by including the correct keywords, but I honestly lack the energy... sorry! Thanks Jayman for letting me know though.

So here I am, sleepier than hell on a Wednesday afternoon and trying to keep my head off the keyboard.

A bunch of stuff has annoyed me lately, but I can't quite think of it all right now... I hate that, I need to carry a digital recorder and just record every thought that pops into my head.

Sick-n-Tired-Of-Bein-Sick-n-Tired!!! Haha... Later Duds... I mean Dudes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I didn't sleep much last night, either. I haven't yet tried to blame my melatonin levels, but I am all messed up with my sleep. Since I am home with the kids, it's not that big of a deal if I go back to sleep after my dh goes to work at 5am... until I wake up at noon or 1pm and the day is basically shot.

I've been feeling all out-of-sorts lately myself. Does it help to know there are others in the same boat? (And does this boat have limes and rum?)
Furtheron said…
with my vertigo and time zone hopping my sleep is all up the Suwannee at the moment - Mrs F got up this morning and went out to take her car to the garage... she woke me up an hour later when she got in saying "You not up yet!" I was dead to the world.

Love that painting - love Dali's stuff.
Unknown said…
Nice blog! Thanks for dropping by. I think I have a post that might help in future, if this is a chronic kind of thing...
http://bartramia.blogspot.com
BBC said…
melatonin, ha ha ha, you're a fucking hoot. Oh, wait, maybe it wasn't injected through a penis, but the gland in the brain, never mind.

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty