Song Of The Rain

It is so easy, it seems, to hate the bad weather, thunderstorms, rainy days. But for me, there has always been something about the storms that calmed and relaxed my inner beast. Think of it, the rain cleanses our souls and cools the burn of the hot sun. The lightening reminds us that there are things out there way more amazing and powerful than us, keeping our egos in check, and the thunder, well it sings us to sleep.

I remember even back to rainy days, Mom driving me to Elementary School, and I got such a cozy, relaxed feeling. The classroom was darker, calmer. I could look out and see the rain drizzling against the windows... deep sighs of tranquility.

Rainbows Are Worth The Wait!

Yeah, the rain cleanses... it heals. It gives us a dark before the dawn. Without our "storms", we could never truly appreciate the "beautiful" ones. Have you ever payed attention, actually 'seen' a vivid sunrise after a good heavy rain? It's like a blinding vision of Heaven.

"Wish It Would Rain Down" by Phil Collins



You know I never meant to see you again
And I only passed by as a friend
All this time I stayed out of sight
I started wondering why

Now i, I wish it would rain down, down on me
Yes I wish it would rain, rain down on me now

You said you didn't need me in your life
I guess you were right
Well I never meant to cause you no pain
But it looks like I did it again

Now I, I wish ....

Though your hurt is gone, mines hanging on, inside
And I know its eating me through every night and day
I'm just waiting on your sign

cos' I know, I know I never meant to cause you no pain
And I realize I let you down
But I know in my heart of heart of hearts
I know I'm never gonna hold you again

Comments

Jay said…
I don't mind the rain. As long as there are no tornadoes then it doesn't bother me at all really.
Anonymous said…
It's been a washout over here the last week,Mind you tonight looks good so we are off out on the town.
Have a good weekend.
The Preacherman said…
Wake up at 5:45 a.m. and realise you aren't on a dayshift. You hear the rain and thunder outside and snuggle down again under your quilt. One of the best feelings there is.

Soz I ain't been around much babe. Doing the odd post but up to my eyeballs in it.

Love n hugs

4D xx

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty