Take A Recess

Taking a small break today... I've decided to skip using one of the oddball holidays to inspire my post today. None of them are really that interesting or noteworthy to me. We'll try again tomorrow. I'll still include them at the bottom though, since I think I found a page I like more than the others that lists these little known days.

Nope, I'm not really here today.
Been feeling a lot of emotions lately, which is par for the course for me, honestly. So the writing more has felt pretty good to me. I really need to figure out that whole "what to do when I grow up thing" because nothing I'm doing as of late is making me happy. I know it's time to transcend these cubed boundaries. I just haven't figured out how to do that. So anyway, today's post is short and sweet but I still popped in to say hello. Besides, earlier, I already posted a new thought-provoking post over here called Feeling Like an Outsider over at I Miss My Childhood. So if you feel the need to travel back in time and sit in my high school English class for a while, go over and take a seat. You can also read my last few posts and catch up. Oh and come on, please leave me a comment, it's nice to know you were here.

As I was thinking about writing, or music, well okay, all things creative, I thought up my own quote about it.

"If it weren't for the fact that most humans write, and/or sing the things we cannot say, we would have no books or music in which to lose ourselves and to celebrate." ~Jax Cutler Wood

So here I wanted to pass this along for anyone who might feel like checking it out:

Check out 38 things that will take 80s kids back.

And here is my favorite page so far that lists those obscure holidays, even though I didn't use one today, you can still go and see what you might feel like celebrating.

April 4th Holidays and Observances

There's always, always something to celebrate!! See that? I'm not so negative after all... Life is not easy, but it is magical, even in its darkness, light will eventually shine through. Keep going!! You're doing great!!

Comments

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty