Tuesday, April 18, 2017

On a Day Like Today


"On a Day Like Today"
We would awaken at Dawn
and sit out on the lawn
drink your coffee, extra strong,
on a day like today...
As we watched our butterflies,
shaping clouds, in blue skies,
as the breeze blows, gentle sighs,
on a day like today.
There would be talk of old times,
remembering nursery rhymes;
thoughts of those who'd left us behind,
how we missed them, how they shined;
Now it's just me here, I rewind
picturing this, tears leave me blind;
But for all those thoughts that stray,
watching April chasing May,
I think of all I'd love to say (to you)
On a Day Like Today <3 span="">

By Jacqueline Wood
 For Mama (my butterfly)
April 18, 2017

2 comments:

Chelly said...

OMG Jackie, this is so beautiful. I've got goosebumps and tears. It's so clear how wonderful and beautiful your Mama was. I enjoy reading about her so much. Thank you for sharing your memories of her. I feel like I'm getting to know her too. <3

Aunt Jackie said...

Thank you so much Chelly!! It was just a feeling I had yesterday so I wrote it out, just what was on my heart, and tried to make the best of the verses... I have been writing more, and also jotting things down in a Journal offline, which I think is beneficial too. How is your creative side going lately? Hope I have helped you too and you always do me.

Jax