Leaning On Reality

Stand by for what you might deduce as psychotic ramblings by AJ ;)

Reality is a funny thing. That needn't be some hugely astounding, Nobel-prize winning statement of the century, it's just a string of characters, a few short words. What are words anyway if not all-too-commonly misused gifts of our language?

Photo caption: "Reality is merely an illusion,
albeit a very persistent one." ~Einstein

Just throw your Ego out the window for a moment and examine the phrase. "Reality is a funny thing." (Now I'm not talking about Reality Television, which is indeed its own animal, and not much of one at that-can you taste my disdain?)

Oh yes, this might leave you thinking, "Oh how can you say that? Reality is very serious indeed. Reality is dire to our existence and everyone needs to wake up and smell the coffee! We all need to be slapped in the face by this Reality, people need to grow up and learn the seriousness of how things really are in this life!!"

Oh, come on... relax a little!

Wikipedia says that 'Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or may be thought to be.' I'm inclined to disagree since they used the word "actually", indicating that there is one solid truth to be found.

Well, I'll be the first one to tell you (and maybe one of the few human beings to admit) that I, Aunt Jackie, do not know everything. However, I am quite confident of one thing, "REALITY" is relative to the one perceiving it. There is no set rules of truth. In fact, it's extremely unlikely for any two souls to see this in the same way.

So all the teaching, preaching and fighting in the world isn't going to solve anything, and to force someone to share your beliefs, or to push your 'medicine' on another living creature is just not right. Feel free to crucify me if you'd like, but the truth is that we are all brought up by people with personalities and beliefs as vast as the universe itself, and its up to us to find our own personal truths. Someone once said, "Physical reality springs from the imagination, which follows the path of your beliefs." Believe what you will, which you will though... I am not a preacher who commands myself be followed! :)

Life is what you make it, I believe that. Depending on the paths that we take and the lessons that we learn in our own individual experiences, Reality can change quite frequently. As long as we are open to learning, and growing as souls and human beings (which we all should be, but not everyone is), then what we once held to be true in life can suddenly be a whole different ball game.

Think about it, even on a linear scale, which might be more comfortable for you: You were single, you met the 'love of your life' and got married. Your life changes. You were one person, you had a child. Reality as you know it is transformed and your life changes completely! You lose a loved one and your world is never the same again. Ok, even on a smaller scale-you lose a tooth... every cellular change counts. Sometimes you might not even notice.

Maybe you think I'm nuts, in fact I hope you do. I'll take that as a compliment! Besides, we should ALL frequently tell ourselves that we will only react to constructive suggestions, as it would provide some protection against our own negative thoughts and those of others. I'm a work in progress, as we all are.

So is "Reality".

"I leaned against reality and it gave." ~Jane Roberts




Remember "The Big Lebowski"? Well, a cool blog pal of mine, and great writer, Nothingman popped by one day to inform me that a post I had called "Mark It Zero" still pulled up top image results when that phrase was searched in Google. Ha-ha isn't that interesting the way search results work sometimes.

Read Mark It Zero (if you feel like it).

The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies of all times, basically because it is funny as hell, and just great. I don't know what it is about the movie. It's usually one of those "guy favorites", but I tend to like most silly comedies and other things guys like, video games, goofy humor and all. A lot of people might think that is 'stupid' or 'immature', but it doesn't make any difference to me. There's enough propaganda and overly-serious crap running around out there. Too many murders and disasters on the news, I don't need to watch movies about that, and what people believe is going to happen in this universe. As I have indicated above, I will decide what I believe on all that myself.

In other words, don't offer me any of your B.S., I already have a plate full on my own. When I receive these paranoid, scare-tactics in chain mail and all of the heinous things that are going around out there for the thousandth time, I usually roll my eyes and hit the delete button. Whenever you send me negative thoughts, or extraneous things that are "junk" in my mind they get marked as such, or once again I 'roll my eyes and hit delete'.

I don't have time to battle extra negativity. I have a hard enough time just existing, just being Me. If you don't like what I have to say, then by all means, feel free to Mark It Zero! :)

Comments

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty