In A Flurry

Snow fell, not really much of it, but enough to screw up driving for quite a few places around the Mid-South (that doesn't take much, but it gives Memphis drivers some excuse I suppose).

Today, still seeing a few flimsy flurries. However, from what I understand, everyone else got more than they bargained for. There's your "balance" anyroad.

While on my recent "Dad Memories" kick, I found the following videos. Once again, this is not music that I normally listen to, it's stuff my Dad loved and always made us laugh with his "original" renditions of certain ones. Now, make a mental note that the "Mountain Dew" song, below, was one of my Dad's absolute favorites to sing, even though he kind of changed the lyrics up to suit himself. He was also a huge "Hee Haw" fan, so I find it quite appropriate that these clips feature "Grandpa Jones".

Grandpa Jones "Mountain Dew" (lol!!)


Grandpa Jones sings "Kitty Clyde" for Marty Robbins


Humor, laughter and love are among the greatest gifts that anyone can give. My father sure left his share of those around, so we are so blessed to have been part of such a great man's life.

Hope you enjoyed the videos, and if you missed my playlist and you love 'old classic country',
then Don't Miss Listening to "Memories Of Daddy".

Have a fantastic weekend and stay warm you lot!

Comments

furiousBall said…
i'm just glad Grandpa Jones is wearing pants in these clips
Jay said…
It's snowing again here this morning. But, it won't amount to anything much. If I could, I would have sent all the snow and ice we've gotten over the last 10 days on down your way.

I have now had my fill of snow for this year. No need for anymore of it. ;-)
Wow! I loved this!!! I am following you. xxoo :)
That was my father's favorite show as well. I think he just liked the women. :)
Aunt Jackie said…
Kiki! Thanks for stopping in, glad to make the acquaintance. Hope to see more of you, I'll certainly be back by!

Gregorio! It was a funny show from what I remember, just makes me happy to remember Dad's laughter.

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty