Boom Boom Boom

I'll be the first to tell you that if you want to see some talent and especially if you like "Blues", all you gotta do is come around Memphis, or the Delta Blues region of Mississippi (Clarksdale, MS home of the infamous "Crossroad" where Robert Johnson is rumored to have sold his soul to the Devil).

If you are ever in the neighborhood of Clarksdale, MS then you must go check out Ground Zero (said to be the Crossroad itself), which is conveniently right by Morgan Freeman's Madidi Restaurant. Appears that there are even apartments available for rent above the club--great for bands, or even just visitors who just want to get a taste of the blues.

The south in general has great pride in the music that we make, and I feel like we churn out some of the most amazing talent (old and young).

Well I ran across an example of just that, and I don't think it's just their ages that amaze me (14, 12 and 9!), but they really just grabbed my attention. They're called the "Homemade Jamz Band" and I found a clip on YouTube of them playing "Boom Boom Boom" (a great John Lee Hooker blues song). You have to check this out (and try not to get distracted by the rigid dance moves of some of the white folks 'attempting to groove'-cut us some slack ya'll! Although I personally have rhythm)-->



We have some serious contenders here. These kids are siblings the oldest, 14 sings and plays a mean guitar... the bass player 12 is quite the man already and the little baby darling on the drums (Sheila E look out!) has just turned 9! My plan is to try to find out where they're playing next cuz I gotta see these kids live... I'm just bursting with pride... Maybe you will like them, maybe you won't... I give them a standing ovation!!!

Comments

Robert Johnson did sell his soul and I can't blame him because he is the true founder and king of blues, aside the devil himself that is.

These kids rock. If I was a lil' closer i would no doubt stand in line or cut in line or whatever to see the show.

I digg it jackie....

Keep on' Rockin'....

You thinkin' glow in the dark like I am or what? HA! Gotcha...
Aunt Jackie said…
Haha!! Yes, of course--what better than Glow In The Dark?? Muuhaha!

Oh, well I remember back when Robert Johnson came to meet me there at those fateful Crossroads, he was just a scared kid--trying to find his way... I showed him the power of what he could do, and gave him what he wanted... changing the course of blues forever! ("Follow me, sacrafice your life, worship me for you are mine... worship me follow me--ahhh remember this?? When Lovitz played 'the devil' on SNL? Hilarious!)

You never know if you guys ever make a trip around the area, there are tons of great talent to check out down south--

Glad you liked it!! I really wanna go and check them out live--They're such naturals already!

Sorry for the long note back, i'm just waking up and trying to get going this morning... (Aunt Jackie is not a morning person and doesn't play well with others until sometime after the noon portion of the day) :P
MrRyanO said…
I hvae to admit that I wanted to not like them...I was having flashback of the Hansons prior to watching this...

BUT...

They ROCKED! Looks like a young BB King on guitar...and that little chick was groovin' on the drums! Bass players are a dime a dozen (unless you are Billy Sheehan or Les Claypool..) and rarely thrill me.

Cool find!
Chelly said…
Wow! They're incredible. I can't believe the youngest is nine!!

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty