Greetings from Sweet Sixteen

Dear Me Living in 2016,

 Felt some sort of an S.O.S. call, and it took me a minute to figure out which one of us was in need of our support. Turns out that it is you, so I hope this does not arrive to you too late. After realizing that our birthday was here (YESTERDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME!!), it all came to me. Yes, I know that you probably don't think that your 16 year old self could be of much wisdom or assistance in crises of 'adult affairs', but I think you will remember that our highest self is pretty much one in the same, so while I might not yet know everything I need to know, I guess I am being used to convey what is needed (don't shoot the messenger)!!!
(You love exclamation points, remember?)

Okay, so I wasn't told the exact circumstances or events or dates of things that have happened in your life. I haven't been told "TMI" ha-ha!! (Too Much Information) because of the affect it might have on me, but I was just told you needed a word from me as you are having a hard time.

I have wondered about you, the things you would do and experience through the years ahead. Are you married, do you have kids? I never thought of myself as a Mom, but I think that I probably do want to have kids at some point, when I meet the right guy. I wish things weren't so hard, like I have a crush on someone but I am always too scared to say or do anything about it. If you think back, I bet you remember who it is. Oh how I wish he would notice me (us) ha-ha!

Well, school is okay, I really don't fit in and don't have a lot of friends really, I mean I have Kathy and Shiree, my two best friends and we are in our own little group. Misfits of some sort. My friend Kim is also great. I enjoy band, for many reasons (smile). We ride around a lot, and hang out, sometimes at the "Tracks", where Kathy's boyfriend Joey and a lot of his friends get together on Fridays or Saturdays.

I don't really make the best grades, but I guess it's not that bad. Art class is my favorite, I really want to go to Memphis College of Art when I graduate. Anyway, nothing else really that interesting about school, and I'm sure you remember it all.

So I don't really know what to say to help, whatever you are going through, it worries me because I can't wait to be an adult and I can't wait to be free of people telling me what to do. Being grown up must be awesome! I guess everyone gets sad at times, but whatever is bothering you, don't worry about it too much. Remember, every time you ever stressed out about something, like a big test or a term paper, or some situation you thought you were going to die over, it always worked out and you felt like so much better after. I always like to play my piano when I am feeling sad, or if Mom and Dad will let me go to town and ride around in the car, I like to do that and listen to my favorite music. If you are still friends with Kim, Kathy or Shiree, or have some other friends, ask them to go to a movie or something. Go eat Pizza and listen to the jukebox like we always do, have some bread sticks (bread sticks or movie theater gummi bears can fix anything)!  :-)

Just a quick note about the birthday, I'm sure you remember the weenie roast Mom had for Sweet Sixteen. She built a fire out in the pasture and a few girls showed up, it was really fun. We got to roast marshmallows and make Smores, and those are so good. Kim also had a Sweet Sixteen party back in May, it was so cool, she had a "50's Theme" because you know she loves 50's music. We had a lot of fun. Supposedly turning 16 is some sort of big deal, but I really don't feel any different than I did at 15. Do you ever feel different as you grow up? I hope not. I want to be like Daddy, a big kid all my life. I hope you at least can do that.

Oh don't forget since it is summer, you can always go stay and hang out at Vickie's house, that never fails to make you feel better. Visit with "The Kids" =) Have fun, do something that you have been too scared to do or something new, being adult nobody can tell you not to. (Oh yeah but you probably have a job ha-ha!) I have still got to live by the rules right now, and sometimes I get really really mad at Mom and Dad, even though I love them.

Well I guess I better wrap this letter up, Shiree called and I have to call her back in a few. I think she wanted to do something tonight. Oh my gosh I am so glad it is summer, I'll be in 11th grade this fall. It seems like High School is forever, I can't wait to graduate and see the world! I hope I really do something that you (we) are proud of. I hope that you feel better, and I hope that whatever it is you are doing, and wherever you are that you are or get back to being truly happy.

Don't know if any of this helped, but just remember I am here when you need me, think of me and I'm right there in your heart. (I'm always so poetic and dramatic hahaha!!) Just BE happy... coz I sure want to. I'm counting on you to remember who we are. Also, deep down I truly know that everything is going to be alright.

Gotta go for now. LYLAS (Love Ya Like a SELF-since you're me you can't be a Sister) :-)

Hope the message gets to you in time for our birthday!
xoxo
Jackie, 16

Comments

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty