The End Is Near

Oh goody! It's nearly 2012 so you know what that means, we get to look forward to another year with people obsessed about doomsday prophecies and all that cool jazz. I'm interested to see how much crazier people can get about these things.

In the meantime, however we have to keep working on our own destinies... one moment at a time, right? If we get a new moment, then we make the best of it and keep climbing and trying, not driving and crying... lol.

Anyway, Christmas? I survived... I'm just very glad it is over. Now I just hope I can finally see some progress and work on more good things about myself this year. It's time for change, and I mean more than just that stupid crap that refuses to come out of the vending machine.

In honor of the new year that we are looking towards, I will interject a word about Resolutions... I don't do them. That's my resolution... I resolve not to make resolutions... so instead, I offer some alternative "affirmations" if anyone is feeling inspirational (and/or sarcastic)... if not, shut the fuck up I'm rich enough without your 2 cents... you do you, I'll do me. (yeah yeah, insert juvenile, tasteless sexual innuendo here that I will just ignore).

So... here you go, like it or not... here's to the new year, the beginning of "The End" and all...

In 2012,

As I release feelings of guilt, I get more in touch with my inner sociopath.

I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia. 

I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault. 

In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of wisdom and judgment.

I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and complain.

When someone hurts me, I know that forgiveness is cheaper than a lawsuit, but not nearly as rewarding.

I am at one with my duality.

Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves in knots.

I will strive to live each day as if it were my 50th birthday.

I honor & express all facets of my being, regardless of state/local laws.

Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so!"

A scapegoat is almost as good as a solution.

Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my underwear. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom.

I will no longer waste my time reliving the past; I will spend it worrying about the future.

The complete lack of evidence is surest proof the conspiracy is working.

Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot. 


Comments

BBC said…
Lot's of folks won't make it to the end of 2012 and not because of any prophecies but simply because shit happens.

I sense that I won't make it to the end of the year, but frankly my dear, I don't give a shit.

I like the sunset in that video so I swiped a copy of it.

Anyway, may 2012 take you down some interesting paths to explore, life should be an adventure to the end.

And at the end you should be all wore out, busted up, fucked up, and ready to move on.

Hugs....
Aunt Jackie said…
BBC, This is officially my favorite comment you've ever left me... I dig that. Listen to the song it's really cool, very doomy haha. Thanks by the way for always trying to be nice in ur own way, and you're always Frank, even tho you'll always be Bill :)

Seriously tho, I dig the comment.
Aunt Jackie said…
Oh, and you're not going anywhere soon. Just so you know.
BBC said…
Hon, I prefer that my friends call me Billy instead of BBC. :-)
BBC said…
I am at one with my duality.

You're so full of shit, there's about ten alter egos in you. Honor all of them. :-)
Chelly said…
I love those affirmations. Good on ya lovie. I hope you keep on blogging in 2012—I miss you when you don't. Need my daily dose (or weekly whatever works for you) of Aunt Jackie. Here's to a fun 2012.

xoxo
BBC said…
It's new years eve, I suppose you're fixing to go out about now in your time zone. I'm hunkering down right here in my peaceful little cave.

I'll enjoy a sip of brandy for you just as I turn in. Here's to next year.
Furtheron said…
Happy 2012 - I wouldn't worry about the end of the world as we know it... Given I don't often feel that connected to the current one I doubt I'll notice much ;-)
BBC said…
What, no new years day post?

I took Helen for an enjoyable 3 1/2 hour ride, it sure was nice here today.

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty