Let Them Eat Cake

Being back to the grind is an awesome relief after another stent of unemployment. I am so ready to find a more permanent place to hang my name tag and hairnet (so-to-speak). At this time in my life, I really need job security and something dependable.

Although office environments vary, one thing is usually common. Unhealthy sweets brought in by various employees, either as a treat, or for special occasions. Sometimes these are planned occasions such as birthdays, work anniversaries or going away "goodbye" cakes. The cursed evils can range from doughnuts, professionally sculpted cakes and pies to cupcakes and sweets based on various cultures and countries. The temptation is hard to resist, and there always seems to be some reason to celebrate. "Bob's Birthday", "Susan's Last Day", "Marcus's Promotion", etc. Since I am currently working in the field of Hospitality, it can be even more difficult to avoid the nefarious nom-ables, since there will be special promotions and sometimes celebrations or 'welcome' luncheons for new notables and such.

Today was just such a day. I was gliding through my day successfully avoiding sugary confection, and then she who was in charge of promotional fanfare summoned me... I was on my way back from the break room where I had elected to have a cup of hot chocolate and allow that to be my only 'sweet' for the day, when I heard her angelic sounding voice announce "Cupcakes! From Georgetown! Plenty left, go get one while you can!"

Georgetown Cupcakes (could you resist?)

I gave myself a stern "No!", I tried with all my might to steer myself towards my office to the right instead of off to the left to the evil land of demonic pastries... to no avail. I spotted them, all layed out with their little decorations and perfect frosting boasting Christmas cheer... and I crumbled.

Here are the ingredients to the evil little bastards:


Now I was sitting at my desk with a cup of hot chocolate and cupcake, feeling like a pig, wallowing in regret. Then of course came the sleepy aftermath of the sugar rush, that 2:30ish insane need for a nap. There was no way I was going to get through the rest of the afternoon and accomplish Jack S***!!  All Hail the Cupcake... Devil in Disguise.


Elaine Explodes of the Office Cake Ritual (Seinfeld):





Then Once She Scorns the Group, She Begins
To Miss The Cake and Eats Her Boss's Collectible:



Laugh, just laugh, and don't condemn me... The deed has been done. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty