Turn It Off, Oops Too Late

Been a busy week here at work, I guess you could say. Seems like the more I try to get done, the less I end up doing, however. No matter, it is FRIDAY, and also the 5th (Feliz Cinco de Mayo!) 


Hopefully, most of you REALIZE that Cinco de Mayo is not Spanish for "Get Drunk America!!" though it seems as though, much like St. Patrick's Day, the sentiment of the actual holiday is lost and people just think it's time for Happy Hour and chaos... So if you don't know, Cinco de Mayo (literally "5th of May") commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867).  It’s a holiday not celebrated much as much though, or is it? Here the U.S., it’s become a day to celebrate Mexican culture and heritage (a.k.a. booze hounds go drinking, sadly). However, if you must use it as just an excuse to indulge in alcohol, please be safe, and try to at least think of the culture and the history of it, even if it is just in a quick toast. Get a designated driver, and be respectful to yourself and others. Enjoy.

In taking a peek over at the Holidays and Observances page, I noticed that I missed out on the fact that this week (well, May 1st through 7th) is supposed to be "Screen Free Week (Formerly T.V. Turnoff Week)". That's funny, guess it's moved with the times, from when we had just mainly televisions, and nowadays this applies to so much due to technology... It would affect not only our T.V.s but our computers, game systems, smartphones, tablets, iPads / iPods, etc. Not that any of us would be able to adhere to it, am I right?

So I have a few more ideas for stories to tell, as my Sister and I were discussing more funny things the other day over the phone. I will put one together for my  next post. In the meantime, there is plenty of reading to catch up on here at "Deep In The Forrest". Go catch-up on my last few posts, or hit the sidebar to the right and check out poss from "Best Of Aunt Jackie (Must Reads)", and you'll surely not be disappointed. I am pretty awesome, after all.

You'ins have a fantastic weekend... Don't forget to comment below!!!

Love, 

Your Favorite Aunt, Jax

Comments

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty