"Our life is made by the death of others."
-Da Vinci

Life is a funny thing... We are constantly trying to stay afloat in the muck of day to day reality, always growing, always learning. We think we are on a journey of knowledge... learning how to live. Sometimes, however it can seem that we are really on a different journey, learning how to die. Death seems to be all around us.

Too many have passed lately for me to feel ultimate comfort. Family members, family friends, and as I happen to catch the news, far too much more violence to allow for any hopes of nirvana. I guess it depends on how you look at it. We all have the choice to live as if we are going to die, or live as if we were already dead. I see more and more that the journey is not that long, but that the ride can be a happy one with no regrets. Mostly, I know that family and close friends are more important than we sometimes let them know, and they or we, are sometimes not here long enough, and we take for granted the valuable loves and friendships that we're so blessed to have.

It's very easy to hate, but harder to love. But let me tell you that the love is far more worth it, so I highly recommend that you experience it before the ride is over.

Cliche, but true, 'It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.'

To my sister, Debbie, I love you and even though I don't see or talk to you nearly enough, maybe we can change that. My thoughts are with you during this time of loss.




To Quote Further, A few more nice sentiments on death...
Gilda Radner: "
I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity."

Charlie Daniels:
A brief candle; both ends burning
An endless mile; a bus wheel turning
A friend to share the lonesome times
A handshake and a sip of wine
So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last.

(Written en route to the funeral for his friend,
Ronnie Van Zant of the band, Lynyrd Skynyrd.)

Comments

C-dell said…
life is like a roller coaster. while your riding it seems long, but when it is over you see how short it is.
Aunt Jackie said…
I like that, rings truth... Thanks for the visit.

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty