Chemical Warfare and Thanks

(originally for May 9th)
2017 Daily Holidays from May 9, included:
  • National Moscato Day 
  • National Teachers Day - May 9, 2017
    (Tuesday of the First Full Week in May)
  • Occupational Safety and Health Professionals Day 

Funny that the above holidays are all listed on the same day, that they're the ONLY holidays listed on this lovely day, here in May (the 9th to be exact). Funny, why? Because they COULD be related... humorously. So no offense to anyone who might be mucking around and stumble across this. I have many friends and family members who are Teachers. So I was just thinking about today being "National Teachers Day", how they get so stressed out that they probably wanna clobber the kids, and also there are so many communicable diseases that "Occupational Safety and Health Professionals Day" plays a part in there, and then when everybody's done dealing with all of the chaos, they probably really DO need a glass or two of that Moscato (please not the whole bottle lol).

Teachers rock, though. I always liked all of mine as far as I can remember and I very rarely got into any trouble at all. I liked school, and I did quite well without even having to study that hard. If I failed at something, or made bad grades, it was all my fault, to be honest, as I would allow myself to be distracted, or just wouldn't apply myself. Looking back, this is something I really would change if given the chance. I could kick myself for some of the things I allowed myself to slack on.

Never had a crush on any teacher through high school, but when I got to college, I sure did. I developed an insane crush on my English/Literature teacher. I wrote an entire story about this, which you can read here if you want.

As far as my own family, my lovely and brilliant nieces, Stacey and Kristie are amazing teachers. I get to hear horror stories quite often from them through the experiences they've had thus far in their careers. Stacey is a Kindergarten teacher currently, so she gets a bit more of the innocence and child-like joy that still exists in the little ones. Kristie gets more of the High School nightmare. Since she once remarked that she wanted to read some stories about herself on my blog, I'll dedicate this one to my lovely PhD-wielding niece and bff, "Professor Kristie" (i'll just call her that for fun).









She is totally awesome. As you can see in the above photos, she has done some fun projects, and when you put fun into the mix, learning is so much more attractive to everyone involved. Teaching is not an easy job these days, unfortunately with many parents being apathetic to their child's life, or education, so that's why it is so important to recognize those educators that stick through it thick and thin, do their best to help any child, despite the difficulty that the system gives them.

They have fun, they learn, and I know teachers like my Kristie make an impact, at least wherever they can... Once, a few Halloweens back, she actually staged a 'Fake Suicide' with the fake blood and everything, completely scared the crap out of her class. She has that morbid sense of humor like her Aunt Jackie... I was so proud.

Yes, if she can't teach them traditionally, she will at least make them soil themselves... and that's almost better than a diploma, don't you think? ;-)

**Originally wanted to post this specific to the date, but let's just recognize teachers for the whole week... If you know one, thank them today. It's important. <3 p="">

Comments

BBC said…
I've had a few good ones over the years.
Unknown said…
How appropriate. Teacher recognition and Mother's Day! I gave birth to the 2 teachers mentioned ;)
Aunt Jackie said…
Also, MOTHERS you could say, are the first "teachers", not to slight Dads, but yes I'll probably combine these things for a Mother's Day Post too... I Love you Vickie (not you Billy lol, well you're okay). Happy Mother's Day, look for a post soon.
Aunt Jackie said…
Test Comment--Anybody else having trouble posting comments?

Popular Posts

When Potato Salad Goes Bad

Birthday Blast

Thirsty